Service, Awards and
- Changjiang Cai and Bo Sun defended their Ph.D. dissertations in May, 2021.
- Benjamin Abruzzo defended his Ph.D. dissertation in December, 2020.
- I started as an associate editor for IEEE TPAMI in December, 2020.
- Kostas Batsos defended his Ph.D. in July, 2020.
- I served as one of the program chairs of 3DV 2019.
- I served as an area chair for CVPR 2019-2021, ICCV 2019 and ECCV 2020.
- Mohammed Kutbi defended his Ph.D. in November, 2018.
- I have received outstanding reviewer awards from ACCV 2010, CVPR 2011,
ICCV 2011, CVPR 2012, ECCV 2012, ICCV 2013, ECCV 2014, CVPR 2016, ECCV 2016, CVPR 2017 and CVPR 2018. Not sure what this means for my priorities in time
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at the University of Southern California (2005).
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering at the University of Southern California (2000).
- Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (1998).
- Binocular, multiple-view and video-based 3D reconstruction
- Robotic perception
- 3D shape representation and object recognition
- Perceptual organization
- Machine learning
- Active vision
WORDS OF WISDOM
- Yizhe Chang (postdoctoral researcher), 2016-2018
- Bo Sun (Ph.D), Segmentation, Reconstruction and Recognition of Objects and Surfaces in 2D and 3D, 2021
- Changjiang Cai (Ph.D), Domain Generalization, Adaptive Filtering, and Multi-View Consistency in End-to-End Stereo Matching, 2021
- Benjamin Abruzzo (Ph.D. Mech. Eng. co-advised with David Cappelleri), Autonomy and Perception of Robotic Teams and Agents for Cooperative
Localization and Threat Discrimination, 2020
- Konstantinos Batsos (Ph.D.), Learning-based Binocular and Multi-View Stereo Informed by Domain Expertise, 2020
- Mohammed Kutbi (Ph.D.), An Egocentric Computer Vision-based Robotic Wheelchair, 2018
- Aristotle Spyropoulos (Ph.D.), Supervised Learning for Stereoscopic Reconstruction, 2017
- Iraklis Tsekourakis (Ph.D.), Dynamic 3D Reconstruction, 2016
- Xiaoyan Hu (Ph.D.), Uncertainty based 3D Reconstruction, 2013
- Liefei (Lucy) Xu (Ph.D. co-advised with H. Quynh Dinh), Vector Field Analysis for Flow Pattern Detection and
Video Analysis, 2011
- Fahrettin Karakas (M.S.), 2020
- Nikolaos Agadakos (M.S.), 2018
- Andrew Wiggins (M.S.), 2017
- Chloe LeGendre (M.S.), 2014-2015
- Max Ehrlich (M.S.), 2015
- Krzysztof Jordan (B.S.), 2013-2015
- Lance Burgo (M.S.), 2013
- Yizhou Lin (M.S. co-advised with Gang Hua), 2012-2013
- Qiuxia Han (M.S.), 2009-2011
- Konstantinos Batsos (M.S.), 2011
- Morgan Baron (M.S. co-advised with G. Kamberov), 2011
- Wei Jiang (M.S.), 2009-2010
- Andrew Neurohr (B.S. with thesis), 2018
By Jacob August Riis: "I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.
Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."