Service, Awards and
- Moved the old webpage to github. Updates coming soon.
- I just served as one of the program chairs of 3DV 2019.
- I served as an area chair for CVPR 2019 and ICCV 2019.
- Mohammed Kutbi defended his Ph.D. in November!
- I am teaching CS 677: Parallel Programming for Many-core Processors in the Spring 2019 semester. See the previous offering for more details on the course.
- I have received outstanding reviewer awards from ACCV 2010, CVPR 2011,
ICCV 2011, CVPR 2012, ECCV 2012, ICCV 2013, ECCV 2014, CVPR 2016, ECCV 2016, CVPR 2017 and CVPR 2018. Not sure what this means for my priorities in time
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at the University of Southern California (2005).
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering at the University of Southern California (2000).
- Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (1998).
- Binocular, multiple-view and video-based 3D reconstruction
- Robotic perception
- 3D shape representation and object recognition
- Perceptual organization
- Machine learning
- Active vision
- Benjamin Abruzzo (Ph.D. Mech. Eng. co-advised with Dave Cappelleri), 2012-
- Konstantinos Batsos (Ph.D.), 2016-
- Bo Sun (Ph.D), 2016-
- Changjiang Cai (Ph.D), 2017-
- Saeid Hosseinipoor (Ph.D), 2017-
- Eric Joyce (Ph.D), 2018-
- Yizhe Chang (postdoctoral researcher), 2016-2018
- Mohammed Kutbi (Ph.D.), "An Egocentric Computer Vision-based Robotic Wheelchair", 2018
- Aristotle Spyropoulos (Ph.D.), "Supervised Learning for Stereoscopic Reconstruction", 2017
- Iraklis Tsekourakis (Ph.D.), "Dynamic 3D Reconstruction", 2016
- Xiaoyan Hu (Ph.D.), "Uncertainty based 3D Reconstruction", 2013
- Liefei (Lucy) Xu (Ph.D. co-advised with H. Quynh Dinh), "Vector Field Analysis for Flow Pattern Detection and Video Analysis", 2011
- Nikolaos Agadakos (M.S.), 2018
- Andrew Wiggins (M.S.), 2017
- Chloe LeGendre (M.S.), 2014-2015
- Max Ehrlich (M.S.), 2015
- Krzysztof Jordan (B.S.), 2013-2015
- Lance Burgo (M.S.), 2013
- Yizhou Lin (M.S. co-advised with Gang Hua), 2012-2013
- Qiuxia Han (M.S.), 2009-2011
- Konstantinos Batsos (M.S.), 2011
- Morgan Baron (M.S. co-advised with G. Kamberov), 2011
- Wei Jiang (M.S.), 2009-2010
- Andrew Neurohr (B.S. with thesis), 2018
- Hao Guo (Ph.D., visiting from the Department of Computer Science, College of Information and Electrical Engineering, China Agricultural University), 2013-2014
- Rafael Gouveia (B.S., exchange student from Centro de Informatica, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil), 2014
See this page for complete list. Notes are available for the last offering of each graduate course (below).
CS 677: Parallel Programming for Many-core Processors (Spring 2017)
CS 559: Machine Learning: Fundamentals and Applications (Fall 2016)
CS 558: Computer Vision (Spring 2016)
CS 532: 3D Computer Vision (Fall 2015)
WORDS OF WISDOM
By Jacob August Riis: "I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.
Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."